Some areas of the Website may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features or participate in a particular activity (such as joining a mailing list or applying for a job at Caribou). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional. Caribou may combine the information you submit with other information Caribou has collected from you, whether online or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. Caribou may also combine it with information it receives about you from other sources, such as publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles).
As you navigate around the Website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information), using various technologies. Caribou and its third-party service providers may passively collect and use this information in a variety of ways, including through:
- Your browser: Most browsers automatically collect information, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. Caribou may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Website through a mobile device.
- The use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: Caribou may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear graphic interchange formats (GIFs), or other similar technologies in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Website users and e-mail recipients, and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates.
- Your IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service providers. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Caribou’s server log files whenever a user visits the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. Caribou may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Website.
- Your mobile device information: Caribou may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
Unless Caribou specifically requests or invites it, please do not send or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, gender identity, sexual orientation, health, criminal background, trade union membership, and the like) on or through the Website or otherwise to Caribou. In those cases where Caribou requests or invites you to provide such sensitive personal information, Caribou will only do so with your express consent.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Caribou primarily uses and discloses information you provide as described to you at the point of collection. Caribou may use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding Caribou’s relationship with you or regarding the Website, changes to Caribou’s Terms and Conditions of Use, or other administrative information;
- for Caribou’s business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Website, identifying Website usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Website by presenting information tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of communication;
- to Caribou’s third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide such services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Caribou’s business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Caribou uses reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under its control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with Caribou is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with Caribou has been compromised), please immediately notify Caribou of the problem. If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Website, please contact Caribou. Caribou’s contact information is: Caribou Biosciences, Inc., 2929 7th Street, Suite 120, Berkeley, CA 94710 USA, Attn: Legal Department.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where Caribou has facilities or third-party service providers, and by using the Website or by providing consent to Caribou (where such consent is required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence that may have different data protection rules than in your country of residence.